Teaching Assistant SEN Level 2
We are recruiting for September 2018.
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus Inset Days)
Scale E £16,491 to £17,072 per annum FTE (actual salary: £12,386 to £12,8252 per annum pro rata)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for outstanding Teaching Assistants SEN to join the team here at Daventry Hill School.
Duties will include:
- Supervising and supporting pupils in the learning environment, including more in-depth support for those with specific needs, to promote independence, inclusion, acceptance and equality of access to learning opportunities for all pupils.
- Assisting in the planning, development and implementation of pupil education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes including toileting, hygiene and feeding/meal times, to help with development of social skills and to ensure that the schools health, safety and behaviour policies are maintained.
- Deal with conflict using different communication techniques to encourage all pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour and promote independence.
- Provide clerical and other support to meet service delivery requirements.
- Participate in meetings, team development activities and assist less experienced colleagues when appropriate, to support the achievement of individual and team performance and development objectives.
The required hours of work will be 8:40am to 15:40pm Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays and to 16:40 Wednesdays and alternate Tuesdays for training purposes (although this may be subject to change). Whilst previous experience is desirable, you must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels as well as being a great team player. All candidates will be expected to have GCSE or equivalent, grade C, in English and Maths.
For further information, please the documents below. However, if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit to the school, please do not hesitate to contact the school on 01327 703135 or email: email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday, 16th July 2018
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 18th July 2018