Family Support Worker
Hello! My name is Harriet Jones and I am the Family Support Worker at Daventry Hill School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for students includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- co-ordination of Early Help Assessments (EHA)and supporting with Team Around the Family meetings (TAF)
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care, including a team of multi-disciplinary therapists
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- lead and attend meetings (this does not have to be a school related issue) to support parents who need additional support or to act as advocate
- advice on parenting techniques
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- ring, visit and support parents where there are attendance issues