Home School Communication
ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use every day to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in the classroom home through photos, videos, and messages.
Within Class Dojo we use the following 3 areas:
Daventry Hill School Story
- This can be seen by all parents/carers and all staff that are members of Class Dojo in the whole school community.
- This can be seen by parents who have pupils in that class, the class staff, Pastoral team and the admin team.
- This can only be seen by the associated Parent/carers of the child, the class staff, pastoral team and the admin team.
- N.B. In order to reply to a post, the parent/carer has to reply to an existing post and cannot create a new one.
If you use the message function and the person is not in school then it will not be picked up as it cannot be seen by other staff members.
- We ask teachers to check for posts in the morning as school starts and at the end of the day.
- Class Dojo is used for school updates, to share information and for parent contact.
- If you have information that needs to be seen quickly or is urgent, we ask that you call the school office on 01327 703135.
- If you are reporting absence, please contact the school office on 01327 703135
Please ensure that school is kept updated with the best email to contact you on. If you are unsure of your child’s class teachers email, please use firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the school phone number (01327 703135) to contact the school office if;
- You need to contact us urgently
- Your child is going to be absent
Calls will not be put through to a Class Teacher during school hours as this disrupts the teaching and learning for the whole class.
Messages from the school office will be passed on to the appropriate member of staff, who will call you back when they are away from the classroom, or at the end of the day.