How are the teachers in school helped to work with children with SEND, and what training do the teachers have?
- The school provides training and support to enable all staff to improve the learning and teaching of all students, including those with SEND. This includes whole school training on SEND issues, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and speech and language difficulties.
- Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by outside agencies that are relevant to the needs of specific children in their class.
- Specialists from outside agencies work in partnership with the school to train staff and to develop specific expertise.
- Staff are encouraged to gain specific qualifications, training and expertise so can offer advice, support, guidance and training to other staff and families:
- Attachment and Trauma
- Speech Language and Communication Needs.
- Physical Difficulties and Disabilities.