Skip to content ↓

Questions 13-16

How will we support your child’s medical and health needs? 

Staff are trained, and supported to administer medication and manage stable medical conditions. There are named school nurses who visit the school regularly and with the wider school nursing team deliver specific clinics, such as vaccinations, and liaise with a range of other health care professionals to arrange support as required.

Daventry Hill School employs an Occupational Therapist and a therapy assistant to implement and oversee programmes in school. In addition to this NHS therapists work closely with the school and Speech and Language and Physiotherapy regularly visit to support classes and work with named students.

External Occupational Therapy support students with their seating needs and visit the school regularly to assess needs.

Who are the other people providing services for children with SEND in our school? 

Daventry Hill School has a commitment to working in partnership with other professional bodies to meet the needs of all of our students.

The school works with Northamptonshire Local Authority using specific services from the list below:

  • Educational Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Occupational Therapy Service (OT)
  • Physiotherapy Service
  • Speech and Language Therapy (SALT)
  • Sensory Service for children with visual or hearing needs.
  • Parent Partnership Service
  • Specific counselling services
  • School Nursing team
  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
  • Early Help Team
What can I do if I am unhappy with the provision for my child? 

We are aware that there may be times when you are not happy with the advice or support given. We recommend that the following action:

  • Speak directly to your child’s class teacher, they will be able to offer advice and support.
  • Speak to the Key Stage Leader or Assistant Headteacher for advice and guidance.
  • If you are still not satisfied then speak to the Head of School who will inform you of the steps the school will take to support you and your child and if if necessary then advise you of how to make a complaint to the trust’s Board of Directors.
  • If your complaint is regarding a decision surrounding an EHC plan then following a conversation with the Head of School the next stage would be to complain to the Northamptonshire Local Authority Educational Health and Care Team. If you are still unhappy with the decision, or if your complaint is about discrimination then you can make a complaint with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SENDIST)
  • For all other complaints, as an academy, the next stage of complaint would be to the Secretary of State for Education or Ofsted.