What are the school’s arrangements for assessing my child’s progress against their targets?
- Your child’s progress will be continually monitored by his/her class teacher, and this will be academic and personal / social.
- Expected outcomes at the end of Key Stage 4 (year 11) are based on attainment on entry to Daventry Hill School and specifically end of Key Stage 2 information. Progress towards these outcomes is discussed regularly and then reported on at the end of the year.
- Progress will be reviewed formally in progress meetings (as discussed in Q3) by the Phase Leader and Assistant Head Teacher termly.
- All children have an IEP based on objectives agreed between the student, parents/carers, professionals and the class teacher in annual review meetings. Targets will be set, designed to meet agreed education and/or social and/or health needs. Progress against these targets is reviewed regularly, evidence for judgements assessed and a future plan made.
- The progress of students will also be formally reviewed at the Annual Review with all adults involved with the child’s education.
- Regular learning scrutiny’s and lesson observations will be carried out by members of the Leadership Team to ensure that the needs of all students are met and that the quality of learning and teaching is high.